1Co-first author *Co-corresponding author
- S.-R. Ryoo, J. Lee, J. Yeo, H.-K. Na, Y.-K. Kim, H. Jang, J. H. Lee, S. W. Han, Y. Lee, V. N. Kim, and D.-H. Min (2013) "Quantitative and Multiplexed MicroRNA Sensing in Living Cells Based on Peptide Nucleic Acid and Nano Graphene Oxide (PANGO)" ACS Nano, 7(7):5882–5891.
- I. Jang1, H. Chang1, Y. Jun, S. Park, J. O. Yang, B. Lee, W. Kim, V. N. Kim, and S. Lee (2015) "miRseqViewer: Multi-panel visualization of sequence, structure and expression for analysis of microRNA sequencing data" Bioinformatics, 31(4): 596-598.
- J. Choi, Y.-K. Kim, K. Park, J. Nah, S. S. Yoon, D. W. Kim, V. N. Kim, R. H. Seong (2016) "MicroRNA-139-5p regulates proliferation of hematopoietic progenitors and is repressed during BCR-ABL-mediated leukemogenesis" Blood, 128(17):2117-2129.
- B. Choi1, J. Yu1, T.-S. Han, Y.-K. Kim, K. Hur, B.-C. Kang, W. H. Kim, D.-Y. Kim, H.-J. Lee, V. N. Kim, H.-K. Yang (2016) "Gastric Carcinogenesis in the miR-222/221 Transgenic Mouse Model" Cancer Research and Treatment, 49(1):150-160.
- S. C. Kwon1, T. A. Nguyen1, Y.-G. Choi1, M. H. Jo, S. Hohng, V. N. Kim*, J.-S. Woo* (2016) "Structure of Human DROSHA" Cell, 164(1-2):81-90.
- T. A. Nguyen, M. H. Jo, Y.-G. Choi, J. Park, S. C. Kwon, S. Hohng, V. N. Kim*, J.-S. Woo* (2015) "Functional Anatomy of the Human Microprocessor" Cell, 161(6):1374-1387.
- J. Lim1, M. Ha1, H. Chang1, S. C. Kwon, D. K. Simanshu, D. J. Patel, and V. N. Kim (2014) "Uridylation by TUT4 and TUT7 marks mRNA for degradation" Cell, 159(6):1365-1376.
- M. Lee, B. Kim and V. N. Kim (2014) "Emerging roles of RNA modifications: m6A and U-tail" Cell, 158:980-987.
- J. Cho1, H. Chang1, S. C. Kwon, B. Kim, Y. Kim, J. Choe, M. Ha, Y. K. Kim and V. N. Kim (2012) "LIN28A is a suppressor of ER-associated translation in embryonic stem cells" Cell, 151: 765-777. Suppl.
- I. Heo1, M. Ha1, J. Lim, M.-J. Yoon, J.-E. Park, S. C. Kwon, H. Chang and V. N. Kim (2012) "Mono-uridylation of pre-microRNA as a key step in the biogenesis of group II let-7 microRNAs" Cell, 151: 521-532.
- Y.-K. Kim, I. Heo and V. N. Kim (2010) "Modifications of Small RNAs and Their Associated Proteins" Cell, 143:703-709.
- S. Hyun1, J. H. Lee1, H. Jin1, J. Nam, B. Namkoong, Gina Lee, J. Chung and V. N. Kim (2009) "Conserved microRNA miR-8/miR-200 and its target USH/FOG2 control growth by regulating PI3K" Cell, 139:1096-1108.
- I. Heo and V. N. Kim (2009) "Regulating the Regulators: Posttranslational Modifications of RNA Silencing Factors" Cell, 139:28-31.
- I. Heo1, C. Joo1, Y.-K. Kim1, M. Ha, M.-J. Yoon, J. Cho, K.-H. Yeom, J. Han and V. N. Kim (2009) "TUT4 in Concert with Lin28 Suppresses MicroRNA Biogenesis through Pre-MicroRNA Uridylation" Cell, 138:696-708.
- J. Han, J. S. Pederson, S. C. Kwon, C. D. Belair, Y.-K. Kim, K. H. Yeom, W. Y. Yang, D. Haussler, R. Blelloch, and V. N. Kim (2009) "Posttranscriptional crossregulation between Drosha and DGCR8" Cell, 136:75-84.
- V. N. Kim (2008) "Sorting out small RNAs" Cell, 133:25-26.
- J. Han1, Y. Lee1,K. H. Yeom1, J. W. Nam, I. Heo, J. K. Rhee, S. Y. Sohn, Y. Cho, B. T. Zhang, and V. N. Kim (2006) "Molecular basis for the recognition of primary microRNAs by the Drosha-DGCR8 complex" Cell, 125(5):887-901.
- S. Kim1, D. Seo1, D. Kim, Y. Hong, H. Chang, D. Baek, V. N. Kim, S. Lee, K. Ahn (2015) "Temporal Landscape of MicroRNA-Mediated Host-Virus Crosstalk during Productive Human Cytomegalovirus Infection" Cell Host & Microbe, 17(6):838-851.
- A. Son1, J.-E. Park1, V. N. Kim (2018) "PARN and TOE1 Constitute a 3′ End Maturation Module for Nuclear Non-coding RNAs" Cell Reports, 23(3):888-898.
- Y. Kim1, J. Yeo1, J. H. Lee1, J. Cho, D. Seo, J. Kim, and V. N. Kim (2014) "Deletion of human tarbp2 reveals cellular microRNA targets and cell cycle function of TRBP" Cell Reports, 9:1061–1074.
- M. R. Suh, Y. Lee, J. Y. Kim, S. K. Kim, S. H. Moon, J. Y. Lee, K. Y. Cha, H. M. Chung, H. S. Yoon, S. Y. Moon, V. N. Kim* and K. S. Kim* (2004) "Human embryonic stem cells express a unique set of microRNAs" Developmental Biology, 270(2):488-98.
- J.-S. Woo, and V. N. Kim (2014) "MeCP2 Caught Moonlighting as a Suppressor of MicroRNA Processing" Developmental Cell, 28(5):477-478.
- B. Kim1, M. Ha1, L. Loeff1, H. Chang, D. K. Simanshu, S. Li, M. Fareh, D. J. Patel, C. Joo*, V. N. Kim* (2015) "TUT7 controls the fate of precursor microRNAs by using three different uridylation mechanisms" EMBO Journal, 35(2):115-236. Suppl.
- Y.-K. Kim and V. N. Kim (2007) "Processing of intronic microRNAs" EMBO Journal, 26(3):775-83.
- Y. Lee1, I. Hur1, S. Y. Park1, Y.-K. Kim, M. R. Suh and V. N. Kim (2006) "The role of PACT in the RNA silencing pathway" EMBO Journal, 25(3):522-32.
- Y. Lee, M. Kim, J. Han, K. H. Yeom, S. Lee, S. H. Baek, and V. N. Kim (2004) "MicroRNA genes are transcribed by RNA polymerase II" EMBO Journal, 23(20):4051-60.
- Y. Lee, K. Jeon, J. T. Lee, S. Kim and V. N. Kim (2002) "MicroRNA maturation: stepwise processing and subcellular localization" EMBO Journal, 21(17):4663-70.
- K.-H. Yeom, I. Heo, J. Lee, S. Hohng, V. N. Kim* and C. Joo* (2011) "Single-molecule approach to immunoprecipitated protein complexes: insights into miRNA uridylation" EMBO Reports, 12:690-969.
- J. Lim1, M. Lee1, A. Son, H. Chang, V. N. Kim (2016) "mTAIL-seq reveals dynamic poly(A) tail regulation in oocyte-to-embryo development" Genes & Development, 30:1671-1682.
- K. T. You, J. Park, and V. N. Kim (2015) "Role of the small subunit processome in the maintenance of pluripotent stem cells" Genes & Development, 29:2004-2009.
- Y. Kim, J. H. Lee, J.-E. Park, J. Cho, H. Yi and V. N. Kim (2014) "PKR is activated by cellular dsRNAs during mitosis and acts as a mitotic regulator" Genes & Development, 28: 1310-1322.
- H. Jin, V. N. Kim* and S. Hyun* (2012) "Conserved microRNA miR-8 controls body size in response to steroid signaling in Drosophila" Genes & Development, 26:1427-1432.
- V. N. Kim (2006) "Small RNAs just got bigger: Piwi-interacting RNAs (piRNAs) in mammalian testes" Genes & Development, 20(15):1993-7.
- J. Han1, Y. Lee1, K. H. Yeom, Y.-K. Kim, H. Jin and V. N. Kim (2004) "The Drosha-DGCR8 complex in primary microRNA processing" Genes & Development, 18(24):3016-27.
- K. Lee, K. Jeon, J. M. Kim, V. N. Kim, D. H. Choi, S. U. Kim and S. Kim (2005) "Downregulation of GFAP, TSP-1, and p53 in human glioblastoma cell line, U373MG, by IE1 protein from human cytomegalovirus" Glia, 51(1):1-12.
- T.-S. Han, K. Hur, G. Xu, B. Choi, Y. Okugawa, Y. Toiyama, H. Oshima, M. Oshima, H.-J. Lee, V. N. Kim, A. N. Chang, A. Goel, and H.-K. Yang (2015) "MicroRNA-29c mediates initiation of gastric carcinogenesis by directly targeting ITGB1" Gut, 64:203–214.
- S. J. Yim1, Y. S. Lee1, D. J. Chang, J. H. Han, H. Kim, H. Park, H. Jun, V. N. Kim and B. K. Kaang (2006) "Regulation of ApC/EBP mRNA by the Aplysia AU-rich element-binding protein, ApELAV, and its effects on 5-hydroxytryptamine-induced long-term facilitation" Journal of Neurochemistry, 98(2):420-9.
- B. Kim, V. N. Kim (2018) "fCLIP-seq for transcriptomic footprinting of dsRNA-binding proteins: Lessons from DROSHA" Methods, S1046-2023(18)30064-1.
- S. C. Kwon, S. C. Baek, Y. G. Choi, J. Yang, Y. Lee, J.-S. Woo*, V. N. Kim* (2018) "Molecular basis for the single-nucleotide precision of primary microRNA processing" Molecular Cell, 73, 1–14.
- Y. Kim1, J. Park1, S. Kim1, M. Kim, M. G. Kang, C. Kwak, M. Kang, B. Kim, H. W. Rhee, V. N. Kim (2018) "PKR senses nuclear and mitochondrial signals by interacting with endogenous double-stranded RNAs" Molecular Cell, 71(6):1051-1063.e6.
- H. Yi1, J. Park1, M. Ha, J. Lim, H. Chang, V. N. Kim (2018) "PABP Cooperates with the CCR4-NOT Complex to Promote mRNA Deadenylation and Block Precocious Decay" Molecular Cell, 70(6):1081-1088.e5..
- H. Chang1, J. Yeo1, J.-g. Kim, H. Kim, J. Lim, M. Lee, H. H. Kim, J. Ohk, H.-Y. Jeon, H. Lee, H. Jung, K.-W. Kim and V. N. Kim (2018) "Terminal Uridylyltransferases Execute Programmed Clearance of Maternal Transcriptome in Vertebrate Embryos" Molecular Cell, 70(1):72-82.e7.
- B. Kim1, K. Jeong1, V. N. Kim (2017) "Genome-wide Mapping of DROSHA Cleavage Sites on Primary MicroRNAs and Noncanonical Substrates" Molecular Cell, 66(2):258-269.
- J.-E. Park1, H. Yi1, Y. Kim1, H. Chang, V. N. Kim (2016) "Regulation of Poly(A) Tail and Translation during the Somatic Cell Cycle" Molecular Cell, 62(3):462-471.
- M. Lee, Y. Choi, K. Kim, H. Jin, J. Lim, T. A. Nguyen, J. Yang, M. Jeong, A. J. Giraldez, H. Yang, D. J. Patel, and V. N. Kim (2014) "Adenylation of maternally inherited microRNAs by Wispy" Molecular Cell, 56(5):696-707.
- H. Chang1, J. Lim1, M. Ha, and V. N. Kim (2014) "TAIL-seq: Genome-wide Determination of Poly(A) Tail Length and 3′ End Modifications" Molecular Cell, 53(6):1044-1052.
- Y. Tian1, D. K. Simanshu1, J.-B. Ma, J.-E. Park, I. Heo, V. N. Kim, and D. J. Patel (2014) "A Phosphate-Binding Pocket within the Platform-PAZ-Connector Helix Cassette of Human Dicer" Molecular Cell, 53:606-616.
- Y.-K. Kim, J. Yeo, B. Kim, M. Ha and V. N. Kim (2012) "Short Structured RNAs with Low GC Content Are Selectively Lost during Extraction from a Small Number of Cells" Molecular Cell, 46:893-895.
- Y. Kim and V. N. Kim (2012) "MicroRNA Factory: RISC Assembly from Precursor MicroRNAs" Molecular Cell, 46:384-386.
- I. Heo1, C. Joo1, J. Cho, M. Ha, J. Han and V. N. Kim (2008) "Lin28 mediates the terminal uridylation of let-7 precursor microRNA" Molecular Cell, 32:276-284.
- H. H. Lee, Y. S. Kim, K. H. Kim, I. Heo, S. K. Kim, O. Kim, H. K. Kim, J. Y. Yoon, H. S. Kim, D. J. Kim, H. J. Yoon, S. J. Kim, B. G. Lee, H. K. Song, V. N. Kim, C. M. Park and S. W. Suh (2007) "Structural and functional insights into Dom34, a key component of No-Go mRNA decay" Molecular Cell, 27(6):938-50.
- J. T. Lee, S. S. Yu, V. N. Kim and S. Kim (2007) "Control of Splicing Efficiency by the Mouse Histone H2a Element in a Murine Leukemia Virus-based Retroviral Vector" Molecular Therapy, 15(1):167-72.
- H. Jin1, M. R. Suh1, J. Han, K.-H. Yeom, Y. Lee, I. Heo, M. Ha, S. Hyun and V. N. Kim (2009) "Human UPF1 Participates in Small RNA-Induced mRNA Downregulation" Molecular and Cellular Biology, 20(21):5789-99.
- V. N. Kim (2005) "Small RNAs: classification, biogenesis, and function" Molecules and Cells, 19(1):1-15.
- J.-E. Park1, I. Heo1, Y. Tian, D. K. Simanshu, H. Chang, D. Jee, D. J. Patel and V. N. Kim (2011) "Dicer recognizes the 5' end of RNA for efficient and accurate processing" Nature, 475:201-205. Suppl.
- Y. Lee, C. Ahn, J. Han, H. Choi, J. Kim, J. Yim, J. Lee, P. Provost, O. Radmark, S. Kim, V. N. Kim (2003) "The nuclear RNase III Drosha initiates microRNA processing" Nature, 425(6956):415-9.
- K. Boo1, J. Bhin1, Y. Jeon, J. Kim, H. J. Shin, J. E. Park, K. Kim, C. R. Kim, H. Jang, I. H. Kim, V. N. Kim, D. Hwang, H. Lee, S. H. Baek (2015) "Pontin functions as an essential coactivator for Oct4-dependent lincRNA expression in mouse embryonic stem cells" Nature Communications, 6:6810.
- V. N. Kim (2008) "Cell cycle micromanagement in embryonic stem cells" Nature Genetics, 40(12):1391-2.
- S. Kim, S. Lee, J. Shin, Y. Kim, I. Evnouchidou, D. Kim, Y.-K. Kim, Y.-E. Kim, J.-H. Ahn, S. R. Riddell, E. Stratikos, V. N. Kim and K. Ahn (2011) "Human cytomegalovirus microRNA miR-US4-1 inhibits CD8+ T cell responses by targeting the aminopeptidase ERAP1" Nature Immunology, 12:984-991.
- M. Ha and V. N. Kim (2014) "Regulation of microRNA biogenesis" Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, 15, 509–524.
- V. N. Kim*, J. Han and M. C. Siomi* (2009) "Biogenesis of small RNAs in animals" Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, 10:126-139.
- V. N. Kim (2005) "MicroRNA biogenesis: coordinated cropping and dicing" Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology, 6(5):376-85.
- Y.-K. Kim1, G. Wee1, J. Park, J. Kim, D. Baek, J.-S. Kim*, and V. N. Kim* (2013) "TALEN-based knockout library for human microRNAs" Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, 20(12):1458-1464.
- S. C. Kwon, H. Yi, K. Eichelbaum, S. Föhr, B. Fischer, K. T. You, A. Castello, J. Krijgsveld, M. W. Hentze, and V. N. Kim (2013) "The RNA-binding protein repertoire of embryonic stem cells" Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, 20(9):1122-1130.
- S. Y. Park1, J. H. Lee1, M. Ha, J. W. Nam and V. N. Kim (2009) "miR-29 miRNAs activate p53 by targeting p85a and CDC42" Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, 16(1):23-9.
- S. Y. Sohn1, W. J. Bae1, J. J. Kim, K. H. Yeom, V. N. Kim and Y. Cho (2007) "Crystal structure of human DGCR8 core" Nature Structural and Molecular Biology, 14(9):847-53.
- J. Yeo, V. N. Kim (2018) "U-tail as a guardian against invading RNAs" Nature structural & molecular biology, 25, 903–905.
- T. A. Nguyen1, J. Park1, T. L. Dang, Y. G. Choi, V. N. Kim (2018) "Microprocessor depends on hemin to recognize the apical loop of primary microRNA" Nucleic Acids Res., 46(11):5726-5736.
- H., Kim1, J. Kim1, K. Kim, H. Chang, K. You, V. N. Kim (2018) "Bias-minimized quantification of microRNA reveals widespread alternative processing and 3′ end modification" Nucleic Acids Research, in press.
- S. Cho, I. Jang, Y. Jun, S. Yoon, M. Ko, Y. Kwon, I. Choi, H. Chang, D. Ryu, B. Lee, V. N. Kim, W. Kim and S. Lee (2012) "miRGator v3.0: a microRNA portal for deep sequencing, expression profiling and mRNA targeting" Nucleic Acids Research, 41 (D1): D252-D257.
- J. Kim, M. Choi, J. R. Kim, H. Jin, V. N. Kim and K. H. Cho (2012) "The co-regulation mechanism of transcription factors in the human gene regulatory network" Nucleic Acids Research, 40(18):8849-8861.
- Y.-K. Kim, J. Yu, T. S. Han, S. Y. Park, B. Namkoong, D. H. Kim, K. Hur, M. W. Yoo, H. J. Lee, H. K. Yang*, and V. N. Kim * (2009) "Functional links between clustered microRNAs: suppression of cell-cycle inhibitors by microRNA clusters in gastric cancer" Nucleic Acids Research, 37:1672-1681.
- K. H. Yeom, Y. Lee, J. Han, M. R. Suh and V. N. Kim (2006) "Characterization of DGCR8/Pasha, the essential cofactor for Drosha in primary miRNA processing" Nucleic Acids Research, 34(16):4622-9.
- J. W. Nam, K. R. Shin, J. Han, Y. Lee, and V. N. Kim, B. T. Zhang (2005) "Human microRNA prediction through a probabilistic co-learning model of sequence and structure" Nucleic Acids Research, 33(11):3570-81.
- Y.-K. Kim*, B. Kim, V. N. Kim* (2016) "Re-evaluation of the roles of DROSHA, Exportin 5, and DICER in microRNA biogenesis" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U. S. A., 113(13):E1881-E1889.
- M. Kampmann, M. A. Horlbeck, Y. Chena, J. C. Tsai, M. C. Bassik, L. A. Gilbert, J. E. Villalta, S. C. Kwon, H. Chang, V. N. Kim, J. S. Weissman (2015) "Next-generation libraries for robust RNA interference-based genome-wide screens" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U. S. A., 112(26):E3384-E3391.
- K. Kim1, T. D. Nguyen1, S. Li, T. A. Nguyen (2018) "SRSF3 recruits DROSHA to the basal junction of primary microRNAs" RNA, 24(7):892-898.
- J. Lim1, D. Kim1, Y. Lee1, M. Ha, M. Lee, J. Yeo, H. Chang, J. Song, K. Ahn, V. N. Kim (2018) "Mixed tailing by TENT4A and TENT4B shields mRNA from rapid deadenylation" Science, eaam5794.
- J. Cho1, N.-K. Yu1, J.-H. Choi, S.-E. Sim, S. J. Kang, C. Kwak, S.-W. Lee, J. Kim, D. I. Choi, V. N. Kim*, and B.-K. Kaang* (2015) "Multiple repressive mechanisms in the hippocampus during memory formation" Science, 350(6256):82–87.
- C. Joo, M. Fareh, V. N. Kim (2013) "Bringing single-molecule spectroscopy to macromolecular protein complexes" Trends in Biochemical Sciences, 38(1):30-37.
- V. N. Kim (2004) "MicroRNA precursors in motion: exportin-5 mediates their nuclear export" Trends in Cell Biology, 14(4):156-9.
Y. Lee and V. N. Kim (2007) "In vitro and in vivo assays for the activity of drosha complex" Methods in Enzymology 427:87-106 doi:10.1016/S0076-6879(07) 27005-3
Y. Lee, J. Han, K. H. Yeom, H. Jin and V. N. Kim (2006) "Drosha in primary microRNA processing" Cold Spring Harbor Symposia on Quantative Biology (2006) 71:51-7 doi:10.1101/sqb.2006.71.041
Y. Lee and V. N. Kim (2005) "Preparation and analysis of Drosha" Methods in Molecular Biology 309:17-28
The inhibition method of microRNA
The recombinant primary microRNA molecule for RNA interference